CBT Therapy and Counselling in Belfast And Online
Don't Let COVID-19 Stop You From Looking After Your Mental Health
We'll Help You Decide If We Are The Perfect Fit For Each Other
Do You Want To Find The Right CBT Therapist?
Anapsys Counselling Services has been offering Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Counselling in Belfast (Northern Ireland) for over 20 years.
We're still here because our reputation and credibility have made us one of the most reputable CBT counselling services in Northern Ireland.
You're checking on us because you want to know if we're a good fit for us to work together. So, I'd like to help you make an unbiased, informed decision.
Download the LIST OF QUESTIONS and ANSWERS below that you should ask a CBT Therapist before making an appointment
Going for therapy is a critical decision that can transform your life or the opposite, make you feel frustrated and more hopeless.
Find out if we're the right therapists for you and ask the 10 questions below to any other mental health professional you're considering. Being well informed will maximise your chances of a successful therapy.
Make sure that the Psychotherapist of your choice will meet your needs, even if you realise that we're not the right counselling service for you.
We make CBT therapy more effective when we also work with the RIGHT CLIENT, and we want to make sure we're the perfect fit.
Download The Answers Of Ten Questions To Ask A Psychotherapist To Get The Right One!
1. What's the theoretical orientation you use in your practice?
2. Do you ever mix different types of therapy, for example, person-centred with CBT?
3. Do you ever use techniques that work for you, even if they don't have strong scientific support?
4. As a therapist, how would you feel about our sessions being recorded?
5. How do you respond when a client doesn't make enough progress after 6 sessions?
6. How much do you apply yourself to what you know about therapy when you have problems in life?
7. What are your qualifications, experience, accreditation (not just memberships), and fees for your services?
8. How many cases a year do you usually see with my type of problem (name your main symptom or issue in a few words)?
9. What's the average success rate for the kind of problem I have on a scale from 0 to 100%?
10. What would my commitment be for therapy to work?
If You Think We're The Right Fit, Relax Now, Making The Decision To Contact Us Is The Most Difficult Step
We Can't Help Everone, But ...
Every therapist is better at dealing with some problems than others. We don't work, for example, with children or adolescents (younger than 18 years old), eating disorders, or do couples therapy.
But for the past 20 years, we've been treating these issues with high levels of success:
- Depression and low Mood.
- Panic attacks and agoraphobia.
- Anxiety, stress at work, and phobias (e.g., flying, animals, height, close spaces, etc.).
- Anger management and jealousy.
- Social anxiety.
- Lack of assertiveness and low self-esteem.
- Health anxiety and death phobia.
- Persistent grief after bereavement.
- Excessive guilt and sense of responsibility.
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders.
This is What We Specialise In
While we deal with the wide range of issues already mentioned, we particularly display the highest level of expertise in these areas:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) but particularly Pure Obsessions (Pure OCD) of any type (e.g., fears of harming someone, fear of being a pedophile, being gay, offending God, etc.)
- Relationship Breakup, separation, and divorce.
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) (e.g., excessive and intense worries interfering with your life)
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Low self-esteem and lack of assertiveness
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and trauma (PTSD) (e.g., rape, childhood sexual abuse, accidents, etc.)
This Is Why Others Choose Our Counselling and Therapy Services in Belfast (Northern Ireland)
Watch this short video to know more about how we can help you at Anapsys Counselling Services.
We must be doing something right when we're still thriving after 20 years, offering cognitive behavioural therapy (online and face-to-face).
Online Therapy : Bringing Therapy To Your Home!
Receive now online CBT Therapy from the comfort of your home.
You may benefit from online therapy if:
- You feel easily embarrassed and usually fearful of talking to people in social situations.
- You have some confidence or self-esteem issues.
- You fear of leaving your house to see a psychotherapist because you may have a panic attack.
- You find it difficult to trust a therapist and prefer online contact.
- Your time is minimal due to work or family commitments.
- You may suffer from limited mobility or any other type of incapacitation.
- You want to save time.
- Other therapists haven't been able to help you because your problem is complex or chronic.
Using our online therapy services is quick and convenient. Just contact us by email or phone to schedule a session. You can pay safely with PayPal or bank transfer.
As many advantages as CBT may have when delivered via videoconferencing, there are some important limitations. Please consider face-to-face counselling if, for example, you are currently suicidal or you have been diagnosed with an eating disorder. Below, you can find a FREE QUIZ to find out whether you'll benefit from our services. Only if you answer all the questions correctly, you should contact us for an appointment.
We Are The Right Chooice For You If ...
You Want An Experienced and Knowledgeable Psychotherapist
You Want An Effective, Evidence-Based Therapeutic Approach (CBT)
You Want A Cost-Effective Counselling Service For Optimal Results
What Happens After You Make An Appointment?
First, you need to contact us by email or phone to make an appointment. Feel free to ask anything you need to know about us or how we work. We can see you from Monday to Friday, and we're usually quite flexible.
Your first session will be an assessment of the issues you want to resolve. You'll have the opportunity to go through what bothers you in detail. Assessments typically only take one session (or two if the problem is complex).
At the end of the first or second session (i.e., the assessment), we'll be able to tell you the approximate number of sessions you may need, depending on the diagnosis. You're expected to attend therapy once a week or every other week.
After each session, you'll need to complete some homework that will be agreed with us beforehand. You may need to dedicate around 10-15 minutes a day to complete the home tasks, and that would be your commitment if you want therapy to work.
Usually, to measure progress, and adjust the interventions accordingly, we give you tests before, during, and after the treatment. Typically, 80% of our clients don't need more than 16 sessions. The last session deals with relapse prevention.
Meet Your CBT Psychotherapists
Dr. Sylvia Buet: CBT Psychotherapist
I am Dr. Sylvia Buet, and I founded Anapsys Counselling Services in 1999. I am here to help you, particularly if you want to get over a breakup, work on a traumatic incident, or struggle with pure obsessions, which are the areas I specialise in.
My primary therapeutic approach is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and I take pride in offering my patients only proven therapeutic techniques based on scientific research.
I've been working in private practice since 1991 as a Psychologist. I am a BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and an EMDR level II practitioner. I am also the creator of the Breakup CBT Cure, the most innovative cognitive behavioural self-help programme to get over a breakup, separation, or divorce using CBT.
I've trained hundreds of mental health professionals in Europe and the USA. I was a Lecturer at the University of Ulster (UK), and I founded the International Institute for Cognitive Therapy in Northern Ireland. I am also a regular presenter at international conferences.
John Dunlop: CBT Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor
I am John Dunlop. I am a Psychologist, and a BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist with more than ten years of experience in delivering CBT at Anapsys Counselling Services. I am also an EMDR level II practitioner.
I mainly specialise in generalised anxiety disorder (i.e., being excessively worried), social anxiety, and OCD (including pure obsessions). However, I can also help you with some other issues such as depression, anxiety, breakups, panic attacks, low self-esteem, anger and jealousy management, health anxiety, and psychosexual issues.
I am a well established clinical supervisor for other Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapists. I can take both novice and experienced practitioners alike. I work with three Cognitive Behavioural approaches: Beck's Cognitive Therapy, Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy, and Metacognitive Therapy.
Anapsys Counselling Services Is Not For You If...
You're not committed to completing homework
You'll need to dedicate around 10 minutes a day on some tasks
You want to access your subconscious mind and reflect on the past
A psychoanalytic approach may be best for you, not CBT
Someone wants you to attend therapy, but you don't need it
Therapy doesn't work unless you don't think you'll benefit